
The best presents are when people make an effort. It's customary on our birthday to take some cake into the office, and this year, instead of me ordering something, DH offered to help me bake some cupcakes.
This photo only shows a small amount of what's left- we made 100s, in 4 flavours: chocolate, lemon, lime and orange flower, each with a suitably-coloured M&M on top. I helped make them, but really, he put in most of the effort, staying up till some ungodly hour on Tuesday and Wednesday night. I brought in a massive container on my birthday and another smaller container, and it was like a plague of locusts had hit. After half an hour, there was nothing but cake crumbs left.
And yes, they were yummy and very more-ish.
He also took me out to a a Japanese restaurant as I had a real hankering for tempura udon. We tried out Keyaki at the Hyatt which was great: home made soup stock that wasn't too salty, hand-made noodles with the right amount of bite, some nice crunchy prawns. The portions weren't huge, but the quality was excellent. That dinner really hit the spot.
So, one year older, but why do I still feel 24??
No comments:
Post a Comment